Meatball Spaghetti Bolognese
What you will need:
- Spaghetti (a handful)
- 2 small onions - or as many as you wish
- Mixed herbs
- Chopped tomatoes (a can or carton)
- Mince meat (400g)
- An egg
- Tomato puree
- Vegetable oil
1. Mix the egg in with the mince - this will hold the meat together when making the meatballs
2. Chop up the onions and fry in a wok/pan until soft.
Making the bolognese sauce:
3. Pour a carton of chopped tomatoes into a jug
4. Add a sprinkle of mixed herbs
5. Mix in tomato puree to make it the thickness you like
6. Add the sauce in with the onions to simmer
7. While the sauce is simmer, you can start making the meatballs. Take small amounts of mince and roll into balls (as big/small as you wish)
8. Start to fry the meatballs until brown and cooked all the way through.
9. While the meatballs are frying, add the spaghetti in a pan with boiling water in and boil for 10 minutes.
10. When all the meatballs have fried, add them into the sauce until the spaghetti is ready to be served.
and voilà another quick, cheap and delicious meal.
Please note: I am not a proper cook however I thought it would be ideal to show you what we're eating this week!