Friday 22 February 2013

The new healthier me...

The diet begins *sigh* ... I decided to spoil myself with some slim fast banana shake powder, BBQ tortilla crisps and cheddar flavoured bites. Thrilling, eh?
Also my first free graze box came today too! Massive yay, been wanting to try one for ages and I've never got round to sorting one out.
You've most probably heard of a Graze box, surely? If not then where have you been?
Graze is a company that sends nutritious nibbles to snack on by post, you can chose to have them sent weekly, fortnightly or just a one of box whenever you want. They send four nibble sized portions of their kitchen to you through the post, all healthy options of course, and you personalise each box from the ratings that you give them. If you don't like the sound of something, you can bin it, or if you are like me, saw the honeycomb flapjack option and clicked 'send soon'. Which was silly because I can't eat it till Sunday because it has chocolate on...
That's right, I've given up chocolate for lent and me and my friend recently found out that lent doesn't include Sundays... I'm not sure if this is like a new rule to lent or something wild like that but I've never heard of it before, so I googled it and was told otherwise. However I've decided that it's pointless because I'd just go mad and eat everything chocolatey on a Sunday, so this Sunday I am limiting myself the tiniest bit of chocolate which is drizzled of these honeycombed delights.
Graze boxes are all 100% biodegradable, 100% recyclable and made with wood from a sustainable forest. So it's all very environmentally friendly which is great! 
In my first box I got a cute Welcome booklet, explaining what they do, what you need to do and explaining their health badges. You can also donate money to their charity (The Graze School of Farming) in Uganda, find more information about their charity and what they do here.

In my first box I was given:
Tomato Dipinetti
Slow cooked cherry tomato relish with rosemary grissinetti
I have eaten these already and they were delicious the relish was amazing, it looked like I'd licked the pallette clean... The rosemary grissinetti were also delightful I just think that they were a little too small and fiddly, but that's me being really picky! Also they are only 96.9 calories!
Super Berry Detox
Blueberried, green raisins, goji berried and cranberries
These are 1 of your 5 a day!
Honeycomb Flapjack
Rustic rolled oat flapjack with honeycomb and milk chocolate
These are slighty higher in calories at 239, however they are full of healthy fibre!
Healthy Popping Corn- Slightly Sweet
Very self explanatory and they can be ready in as little as 40 seconds!
These are also full of healthy fibre which helps digestion and only 118 calories

I'm limiting myself to one punnet a day, so I can make the box last and also I can have a daily healthy snack while I'm on my slim fast diet.
My slim fast diet involves having a shake for breakfast and for lunch and then a healthy balanced meal for tea. I can also have 3 healthy snacks throughout the day (this is where graze comes in), and I need to drink lots of water!

So how much are these cute postbox sized treats? A mere £3.89, that's including post and packaging aswell. They also have a lot of promotion offers on all the time, so it's totally worth the money and it's healthy!
 If you are interested in ordering a box, would you like your first box for free
Just enter the code above when you are signing up!

Have you tried a Graze box before? Or the Slim Fast diet?
Let me know what you thought of them :)



2 comments:

  1. I really need to start dieting soon in order to shape and tone up for the summer! I've seen these Graze boxes advertised before but never registered, it looks so cute though!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely should, I've had my second one now and they are just so good! Use my code and get the first one free :)

      xx

      Delete