Monday 18 March 2013

Urban Outfitters, Sparkle and Fade Parker

All my girls from home came to Leeds for the weekend and of course the Leeds girls (me and my 3 best friends all moved here together) had to show them around the brilliant shops!
Unfortunately they just missed the opening of the new shopping centre Leeds Trinity which opens Thursday 21st March, this week! It's 1,000,000 sq ft, 3 floors shopping centre, holding 120 stores, such as Topshop, Mango, Next, Hollister, there is even a Cadbury's store and the first ever UK One Direction pop-up shop. What is that!? Madness.
Henry Holland, the Fashion designer will opening the doors and 10 am on Thursday 21st March and I've heard rumours that One Direction may be opening their pop-up store on Saturday 23rd March at 9am, Harry Styles even tweeted about it.
The least I can is that I'm so bloomin' excited about it!

In our home town, shopping is terrible. Terrible probably being an understatement, Everything is closing down and there are basically no shops left, only the big brands like Topshop, River Island, Starbucks, Marks and Sparks etc.. but they are still small sized stores, compared to the 3 story Topshop/Topman that we have in Leeds. So not many of the girls have ever walked into Urban Outfitters store before, cry. But as it is moving to Trinity there wasn't much for them to see, other than the 50% sale of a couple of items that they have left.
Me and two of my friends all fell in love with this gorgeous Sparkle and Fade Parker! I've been looking for a new parker for ages now, my Tesco parker is just at the back of my coat rack hiding, because I'm too embarrassed to wear it anymore. It won us all over straight away, and that's right we all bought it... all three of us. Beth.Holl doesn't live in Leeds and if me and Danielle go out, we will just have to make sure we're both not wearing it, so we won't look like fools and we all get to own the coat of our dreams!

This Sparkle and Fade Parker was reduced from £98 to £30, which is another reason why I HAD to get it
I'm truly in love. The hood feels amazing and I would sleep in it if I could.

Well, in love for a couple of days, and yesterday I finally got to wear it (I let the girls wear there's first). A Couple of us went for a Nandos and then as we was walking out of The Light, another shopping centre, my draw string toggle broke off and my heart was broken. We ran to Urban Outiftters hoping that we could exchange for another one, but the only coat they had left had the same problem. I warned all the girls and Beth has just told me that her's has now broken! I did manage to fix it with a safety pin but it just broke again, so I think I'm going to have to pay more and get it fixed professionally. Which just sucks. Other than this faff about, I'm so glad that I bought this coat it's really light and still managed to keep you really warm, and there is a hood which is fabby cause I never have a brolly!

Has this ever happened to you? Or do you know an easy way to fix it?

Don't forget to add us on Blog Lovin' here and add us in your circle on Google+ on the right side bar

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely jacket - such a shame the zip is bust! I have no tips for fixing sorry.
    Be great if you could check out my latest outfit post: Monochrome biker girl and NOTD post Jessica GELeration in Venus Was Her Name by Nail And Beauty, Cheshire.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely jacket, not to mention a great bargain! Such a disappointment the toggle, I'm pretty sure that has happened to all of us before!

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was shocked when I saw the price was definitely straight to the counter! xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog you have! New follower here, you can check out my blog and follow back if you wish(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coat is really nice! Too bad about it breaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, and I know its so annoying :( xx

      Delete